Saturday, April 3, 2010

WHITE RABBIT GALLERY - Contemporary Chinese Art




Last week a long lost friend was coming up from Canberra for the Easter weekend. We were thinking of what we could do in Sydney while he was here and he suggested visiting the White Rabbit Gallery. I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about but I was up for something new so we went to check it out. I finally found out upon arrival that the The White Rabbit Collection, which I was blissfully unaware of before that day, is one of the world's largest and most significant collections of contemporary Chinese art! Needless to say we were in there for quite some time and I was blown away and the variety and meaning behind the materials and subjects. After this unforseen however well needed experience we headed to crown street nearby for a chai latte and a chance to reflect on the culture we had just witnessed.

So if you find yourself one tranquil afternoon unsure of what to do with yourself I suggest you visit this treasure in the heart of Sydney, you never know, it may inspire you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment