Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tim Walker - Fashion Photography


Keeping in with the "Alice in Wonderland", eclectic, euphoric theme I have touched on this week, today I am adding a shout out to Tim Walker, an inspirational fashion photographer who whisks you away to a new undiscovered world with each shoot. I came across a great quote from an interview Walker did with SHOW Studio "You look through the viewfinder and there's a window to something magical. You haven't seen it before...you see something you haven't yet caught...it's such a thrill..." I really like this idea of viewing photography as a 'window to something magical' as it is an amazing concept to capture a moment in time you can never capture the same again. Below are just a couple of images out of the many that I am inspired by through colour, composition and content.




Some of Tim Walker's images remind me of the mood evoked in Bill Henson's photography as there is a similar air of mystery and intrigue. Both manage to develop a puzzling sense of reality evoked by the seemingly disjointed composition and quirky use of subjects relating with their environment seen in both their works.



No comments:

Post a Comment