Friday, April 16, 2010

Painting for sale ($30)


Eccles. 4:9-12, originally uploaded by dlandy77.

I typically don't sell my paintings, but I felt like if somebody wants this they should have it as much as I love it personally. I'm selling it for $30, its an oil painting on a 11x13 canvas board.

This painting represented to me is: Eccles. 4:9-12 which says, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Through the course of the semester and reading Ecclesiastes with my smallgroup I have clearly seen the importance of Community and how God plays a huge role in that. I have a tendency to want to handle things alone or shut myself out but God intervenes and shows Himself through the company of others and when you have people around you loving you and encouraging you things feel so much better.

The background is a heavy dark blue (I apologize for the bad lighting) and by using a palette knife is how I created those lines that seep up and create texture coming off the canvas which I love. Then I just simply put two gold/yellow lines down the middle representing the company of two people. Having one strip down the middle would have looked ugly, plain, but with the second strip it ties together the piece like verse nine says.

Here is a small detail shot so you can see the texture and lines coming off:
Eccles. 4:9-12

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work.."

No comments:

Post a Comment