Saturday, August 15, 2009

its 1 a.m...

I just got back from the movies with Tricia to see Julie & Julia. I've been truly inspired by 2 women who did incredible things in the kitchen. I, of course, don't think I would ever have the patience to prepare the food or go out to the food market to buy each ingredient. I love the people that can do that though, and I will gladly go with you.

Also after walking out of the movie Tricia said I must blog, and I knew I needed to do it when I got home or I would just crash.. which I want to do. I should make a commitment to myself to blog at least every other day if not ever. And its my hope also that this would reach out to anybody that likes taking about 10 minutes of their day to read a small piece of what's going on in my life. I thank you readers greatly if you have already begun to do that and encourage you to keep doing that, you can comment too.

So one BIG thing that happened today was my haircut where I must have gotten like 5 inches cut off which I know doesn't sound that big but I promise you when you're sitting in that chair and the hairdresser has those scissors in their hands its nerve-racking. I had to close my eyes a couple of times and just breath to myself and think "I believe she will make this good." I really had to put my trust in her, because I was so stinkin' nervous. Butterflies were going crazy in my stomach.

This is the haircut I wanted..


And this is about an hour later..


I'm still in the shocked stage & getting used to just running my hair through like an inch compared to like 6.

During work today I managed to finish yet another book before the summer ended called A Long Way Gone. Call me a book-nerd, but I have read some deep moving books that will open your eyes in whole new ways as it has mine. This story is good for those seeking a true event, witnessed by a young boy from across the world retelling his story so that we might hear it and know what is going on in devastating parts of the world. While reading this I wanted to cry, throw up a couple of times, I felt somewhat angry like the young boy did and I wanted to know that he would make it out alive. I reminded myself though that through the midst of what this kid went through and everyone who experienced as well, plus what is going on in our world, God is so good and faithful to us. He knows better than we do and what His plans are for each person breathing is better than we can know and will every be able to understand. And to find out why I felt that way, I guess you should read it as well. That makes it: 4 books that I have read this summer. Wowzeers!

Also when I got home from work I walked into my room and saw that mom got me some more kitchen stuff on top of what she has already given me. She is such a sweet women that gives and gives and wants to make sure I have everything I need for my first apartment. I love you mommy!

Sorry for the long post, but there was much to update on!




No comments:

Post a Comment