Friday, October 17, 2008

Cancel Any Bets on the Knicks, Michael Beasley, the Hornets, the Lakers, and Tyson Chandler Immediately


These nuggets of NBA wisdom from Lil Wayne should be more than enough evidence that anything you think must obviously be wrong.

On the Knicks:


I think they should do good. Not OK, not great, but good. Why? Mike D'Antoni, and you know how that guy runs his offense. Gotta score within seven seconds, and that's exciting. If he gets to work over those players right there, I'm betting on his scheme and the way he coaches to say that there's no way an unsuccessful team could come out of that...I love the move they made naming my hometown dude Chris Duhon the starting point guard over Stephon Marbury...So shout out to Chris Duhon, you're the man.
On Michael Beasley:


I'm a Beasley fan. He's straight up. He's real. He plays with emotion and drive and physicality. He gets to where he needs to be on the court. And when he gets to his spot, if he's not gonna shoot it in your face man, he's gonna dunk it in your face. And if he's not gonna dunk it in your face he's gonna dish it to the next man. There's not a player in the game like Michael Beasley. His upper body strength is amazing. He could play center. I don't know if people know that, but that kid could play center.
On the Lakers and the Hornets:


This is a touchy subject for me. Probably the touchiest in all of sports. I'm tearing up as I think about it now. As you guys know, the Hornets are from my hometown, and Chris Paul and Kobe are my boys. When they play each other, I just sit there. I don't know what to do. When the Hornets score, I scream. When Kobe scores, I scream. One one of those teams will make the Western Conference finals, but I can't answer who that will be. I have no answer. It's just too touchy for me. It's too upsetting to think about one team not making it.
On Tyson Chandler:


As far as Tyson Chandler goes, no way he's gonna have an off-year. Those days are way behind him. He's a great player. He's one of the rare guys who came out of high school years ago who made it and is still amazing and just getting better. It's really scary to say, but his opponents can't stop him.

Sorry if you had any sort of hope for these teams and players, but Lil Wayne just can't be trusted. After all, he truly believes he's the best rapper alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment