Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SNICKERDOODLES!


Last time I had a snicker doodle cookie I was at Saranac making them in quantities of about 500 with two other girls, this time I only made six. I think the recipe could make 20 but I used an over sized ice cream scoop and could make 6 of them. Hm, oh well.


I need to find a bigger sifter in this house or find a better way of using it because it takes so much time up. The flour was the heaviest, the baking soda, salt and cream of tartar went through easily.


Mmmmmmm the smell of the cinnamon and sugar combined, sooooo goooood!


Ok so you see that paper laid down on the baking sheet? Well the recipe said to use parchment paper, but I didn't see any around so I picked up waxing paper and didn't think anything of it. I'm still fairly new to baking, and both papers look the same.

What wind up happening (photographs not included) was I set the fire alarm off several times because it wouldn't shut off. We had to open up all the windows downstairs and what I didn't think it was smoking in the kitchen since I was already in there.

When my mom came downstairs she said "Why is it smoking?"

Me:"Could it be the paper?"
Mom:"What kind of paper is that?"
Me: "Wax paper"
Mom: "YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT WAX PAPER IN THE OVEN!! THAT'S WHY ITS SMOKING AND THE FIRE ALARM IS GOING OFF!"

I had no idea, seriously. Simple cooking mistake, I had to make that mistake though. If I was alone and this happened the whole house would probably be in flames and I wouldn't be blogging for awhile, so thank you mom! You saved the day!


End result: They still looked like snicker doodle cookies, I had one, perfection!

And remember, don't put wax paper in the oven. Its not the same as parchment paper!




No comments:

Post a Comment