Friday, February 5, 2010

Loving = Serving

"I give counsel to husbands and wives. Pray for the love which allows you to see the good in your companion. Pray for the love that makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small. Pray for the love to make your companion’s joy your own. Pray for the love to want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion." Henry B. Eyring, “Our Perfect Example,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 71
Topics: Marriage
I get the LDS Family "Gems" in my e-mail and this one came my way today. What a wonderful quote. I truly believe its message... as I also believe that we need God's love to be planted in our hearts, so we can love in a way that is beyond human... a way that "makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small," as it says. I am working on it and am not there yet :) but I guess learning to have God's love always is one of life's struggles; something you have to be changed by God in order to do.

BTW, in case you think I'm a slacker on the Parenting Challenge, it has been postponed until next week because of a Blog Conference called Blissdom that Resourceful Mommy is attending. So we will resume the challenge on Monday.

For today, I am going to keep striving to do the first two challenges... say "no" as infrequently as possible and don't bicker with your spouse. I actually will have my family around me quite a bit this weekend, because we are all expecting to essentially be snowed in starting this afternoon... so it should be a real challenge this time.

The key to both challenges (the key to LIFE I think): service!


Love to all, again. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment