Thursday, January 21, 2010

Resolutions


Yes, FEAR the heading! Not ANOTHER blogger talking about RESOLUTIONS!!! Sorry... but it's what's on my mind.

My resolutions this year were simple. I originally had two. After a profound and touching talk with my husband last night, I now have three.

Drum roll please...


  1. (Dumbest and simplest): Deactivate My Facebook Account

    I was addicted to games and wasting time on there. Now I'm going to be addicted to Twitter and my blog... I mean... uhh... (j/k) One day I hope to return to Facebook, but for this year, I am MIA.




  2. (Cheesiest): Choose to Have Joy

    I have discovered that though I am a mostly happy person, when I am down I am REALLY down... and I get sucked into this black hole of self-pity. I know now (thanks to therapy and antidepressants, which took me wayyyyy too long to finally take) that I have control over ME. Even though I can't control my circumstances, I CAN choose my REACTION and how I feel. I am still working on this one. Hence the New Year's Resolution.


     
  3. (Newbie, Life-Changing, Embarrassing but True): Give My All

    My entire life, I've been an all-or-nothing type of gal. (You should see my house... it's typically either impeccable or a total disaster. I'm getting better at that, though!) One more of those "thinking traps" of perfectionism... but I've realized thanks to my Honey that with a dash of talent and a lot of commitment and persistence, anyone really can achieve whatever they set out to achieve. I need to really work on the "commitment and persistence" part of that... which is hard to admit, but true. My goal this year is to give it my all. I won't get everything "perfect" and I WILL make mistakes, but I'm going to give it everything I've got.


And now, to tie it all together... a part of this quote is on my sidebar as well, but I love Love LOVE it, and it is EXACTLY the quote I needed last night (THANKS AGAIN to my amazing husband):


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

-Marianne Williamson

Enough about me... what are YOUR resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment