Sunday, September 12, 2010

What's been up this semester?

For the fall semester I thought it would be a good idea to take 3 art studio classes and so far they have all been really good. I like my teachers, I'm getting experience with new materials and learning more about my style. The first day of class after they went over the syllabus I had immediate doubts again whether the Lord wanted me where I was at, but He is showing that "Yes, Danielle, I have gifted you with this, worship Me in this, enjoy this with Me." I must focus on that and know that I'm not here to satisfy the desires of my classmates or the teachers but to see Jesus through this.

Here is what I have created in ceramics thus far, not a whole bunch yet:


Threw my first 6-inch cylinder!! It was so difficult!


The first days of class we did pinch pots and had to make one with a tongue, handle and foot. One that was a vase, and one on our own which I will "dress up" when it comes time to glazing.

I will update more on art projects as they come along!


No comments:

Post a Comment