Saturday, August 7, 2010

Preparation


sudan1, originally uploaded by dslandy77.

In two days I leave for Sudan where I will embark on a life-changing experience. During the process of preparing for this trip, I have had every emotion run through my body: anxiety, fear, loneliness, joy, sadness, guilt and hope.

This will be my first time of out of the country, this is my first time over-seas. I don't know what to expect. I have expectations. But those will be swept away. God is going to do something powerful during my 9 day stay. His Kingdom will rise, His children will come to know Him more, my team will know Him more and we will delight in Him.

Attached is a prayer calendar one of my team members created so our friends/family could be in prayer while were gone. Pray with us. Also another team member wrote an entry about the trip we are about to take: Sudan Bound It's a beautiful entry.

I will come back humbled, changed, moved, in tears and probably will blog about Africa for awhile. Just a heads up.

I love you all, I will pray for you in the states. Pray for me in Africa.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."
-Romans 8:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment