Saturday, August 28, 2010

Home!

This past week has been an adjustment of being back in the states. As you know I was gone the past 2 weeks spending my life in Africa. It was an incredible, life-changing, humbling experience that I feel so blessed to be a part of. The Lord showed Himself to me in ways that I didn't believe and even being home His work has continued through my team and my heart. I'm sorry it's taken this long to build up this blog entry, but I also started school. Its funny to think that last week during this time I was in an airplane flying to Amsterdam from Uganda.

Anyways, for those of you who are interested in hearing about my trip I'll break it down for you. Of course I will be including pictures along the way.

So it begins:

We departed from DFW on August 9th making our way to Yei, Sudan. Flying, we stopped in Amsterdam and Entebbe before getting to Yei.

Here's a snapshot of some of the people on my team (from left to right): Lori, Sarah, Stephanie, Jason
Each person got their own personal TV, where I spent many hours watching movies!

One thing I love about flying is being over clouds, or below clouds, or here being between layers of clouds! God even portrays Himself through this and I love it!

Once we got into Entebbe we spent the night, spent the next day at the zoo, stayed the night again and left for Yei early Friday morning.

The room Lauren and I shared covered by our squitonet.

These monkeys roamed wild through the zoo so the team & I spent about 30 minutes here just feeding them and taking pictures.

I'm not wearing enough green.

Picture of the guesthouse we stayed at, beautiful place.


Here are some shots flying over into Yei:

Super tiny!

Flying over the Nile river!

It still hadn't sunken in that we were here in Africa and what our time would be like.


I want to continue tomorrow about my time in Africa, that is probably how I will spend this next week + school.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment