Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Encounter.


Encounter., originally uploaded by dlandy77.

I'm at the end of Ragamuffin Gospel which has been such a good book to read at this time of my life. I have taken so much from the book and written it in multiple places (phone, journal, scraps of paper) so I can be reminded of the goodness of God. At the end of the book Manning takes you through this Spiritual Retreat. There are four themes and I'm at the second which is Encounter. The overwhelming love of Jesus is beyond my comprehension but so contagious and I yearn for more. Daily I want to mediate on "Abba, I belong to you." as I walk around campus, when I'm at home and anywhere I'm at. As I'm reading this I'm also listening to the Passion CD: Awakening which I highly recommend to buy even if you weren't at Passion because each song you can clearly hear God's daughters and sons crying out to Him and I'm still shaken by how powerful it is.

Romans 10:8-13
8But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,"[a] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."[b] 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."[c]

No comments:

Post a Comment