Wednesday, October 28, 2009

wife of noble character

Yes, I know that I am not a wife yet nor will I be for multiple years or never. I pray for God's blessing of a marriage and for Him to prepare my heart. I should not even begin to worry, doubt or fear what His plans are but BELIEVE in faith that His plans are so good. But in these years I do want to prepare myself for the character of a wife. And I see that clearly in Proverbs 31 that Matt Chandler also talked about at church. It is such a beautiful piece to read of a wife of noble character. Here are some of the verses that really pierce my heart and that I need work on:

"She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." (31:12)

"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." (31:17)

"She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy." (31:20)

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." (31:25-26)

All of it is should be read and how each woman should be. Because this entry was about women, I want to include some pictures of women and since its getting closer to Halloween, they will be moms dressed up. 

"Nature mom"

"web mom & spider baby"

And this mom went all out and made this Oompa Loompa costume, she wins.


No comments:

Post a Comment