Monday, October 19, 2009

Serving.

One small crappy things about Mondays are that I work all day, but then the bonus is that I get to update from a week ago and also do school work. So it balances itself out pretty well.

This weekend Jesus gave me His eyes to see what serving is like on my campus and the impact that is makes. On Saturday I participated in my first homecoming parade and we walked through campus and Denton Square showing young kids and adults different floats and giving them candy. This picture below doesn't even capture the hundreds of smiles and lots of laughter I saw. These people were so joyful recieving candy and having students approach them and touch them. They probably do not know the impact they made on these families that day, but it was so beautiful to see. 

"just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." -Matthew 20:28

I will really shoot to update again in the same week!

No comments:

Post a Comment