Thursday, November 1, 2007

I Heart . . .


Rice Pudding!!!

Did you know that (despite my addiction to chocolate) my favorite dessert of all time is rice pudding? I know, weird, huh? Growing up, my mom would make it every Christmas and I LOVED it. Funny enough, I have never tried to make it myself . . . until now.

I'm going to try to put my mom's recipe together tonight. Yeah, I know it's not Christmas. But it was Halloween . . . that can count for something, right? Anyway, it's a Danish rice pudding recipe (I'm 1/4 Danish, so that's probably why I like it so much) and I'll let you know how it goes.

Halloween was fun. A little bit of a letdown to be honest. Our ward's trunk or treat was a blast, so that was a great activity. But on the actual Halloween day, we only got one trick-or-treater. How disappointing is that?!?! I admit, we weren't home until 6:30 pm, so younger trick-or-treaters and their parents may have come by when we weren't around . . . but I was still sad.

I even have my house decorated! And I even dressed up in my, uh, "maiden" costume (it's really a tavern wench; I own it thanks to Dave's How to Host a Murder parties from 2005 and 2006). And Robert was dressed in his knight costume . . .

Which brings me to a funny little story. Robert actually wore his knight costume all of Halloween; well, most of it anyway. As in, he woke up, got dressed into his knight costume, and then went on the bus and the metro. He said that people did in fact look at him funny, and that no one else was dressed up on the packed metro . . . until a Robot man came on. Naturally, the robot sat next to Robert, so they could "stick together" as Robert put it, and the rest of the metro ride was more comfortable.

Even funnier to me is that a ton of people at the law school dressed up (including law professors). Isn't that just funny? At law school? Dressing up? I was actually very proud of Robert for having the guts to go all out on the metro (even with the stranger stares). What a man.

Well, hope yours was a good one. And that you got more than one trick-or-treater. If you felt deprived, I could pretend to trick-or-treat right now and you could just mail me candy. I wouldn't mind . . . so . . .

TRICK or TREAT!!! (-Jocelyn)

No comments:

Post a Comment