Friday, October 12, 2007

WLC 5: Circle

Dancing (and singing) to Mommy's favorite, Coldplay's "Til Kingdom Come"

Well, I am happy to report that I LOST 1 pound this week. If you've done the math . . . that brings me back down to what I was three weeks ago (since I gained 0.4 last week and 0.6 the week before). So basically, I'm back full circle. At least I'm back down, though! Next week, I will be lower than ever. If I can keep my vacation eating in check, that is...

A picture of the Shenandoah Valley in the fall (compliments of http://www.nationalparkreservations.com/shenandoah_skyland.htm)

Yes, you read right. VACATION! My wonderful parents are flying into town on Tuesday and Robert actually has a BREAK from Tuesday through the rest of the week. So we decided to go on a real live vacation with my parents. We're going to go to Williamsburg, a historical and by all accounts cool town in southern Virginia, then we are going to Virginia Beach. We'll have three days staying in hotels (THANK YOU ALEX!!!) and our days to do whatever we fancy. I can't believe it's happening next week! I am first of all overjoyed to see my parents. Then to be getting away for a real break... away from my home (love it as I do, there's always work to do!) . . . *sigh.* I can't even describe the joy.

But I WILL take lots of pictures and share. OOOOH, I forgot one of the prettiest parts of our trip: we're driving to Williamsburg via the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. The leaves are just turning and I'm hoping they speed along the process so that by next week, we'll have a colorful drive. Lots of colors or not, I'm sure it will be gorgeous. And no, I haven't been to ANY of these places, so I am super excited!!!

Peter and Dada snuggling cheek to cheek (Peter loves smushing his cheek into our cheeks -- so sweet!)

In Peter news... Peter has picked up the habit of fake choking. That's right, fake choking. It is very scary to hear (so I always have to check) and actually very funny (aside from the scary sounds). He does it when he wants attention. Like when I put him down for a nap. It's his way of loudly protesting. Of course, I HAVE to check on him when I hear it, so I try to do it on the sly... just crack open the door and peek in . . . but sometimes he catches me and it sets him off again. Darrgh. I guess it's just one of those things!!!

Well, love to all. Sorry I am blabbing at you so excessively, but I hope you have a great day and a great weekend. (-Jocelyn)

No comments:

Post a Comment