Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Whinny for Wine?

As most of you know, I don't drink alcohol. Kind of a "no duh" if you know I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints... since members don't drink alcohol. Anyway, I wanted to get some opinions from y'all. Robert and I are having our date night this Friday (at our apartment... with our son sleeping in his crib... since we don't have a babysitter, but hey, we can still have a "date," right?)... and I want to make a fun, special dinner, so I bought a fondue set (see the pic above of what I bought). Like, I was in the fancy cheese section at the grocery store, and there's a Swiss fondue package that you just have to heat up and voila, you're ready for dipping.

The problem is, I just looked at the ingredients and it says it has wine in it. I don't typically cook with any form of alcohol, but I also don't usually have problems eating something that has some in it, if it's been cooked so all the alcohol has worn off (like wine in a marinade). The thing is, I don't know if fondue counts. What do you guys think? Am I overreacting here? Can I eat my fondue??? I really want to... but I also don't want to be violating the Word of Wisdom or anything. Hmm...

Other than my serious fondue wine dilemmas, life is going pretty good. I have a writing buzz. As in, I've been thinking about writing and writing so much that my head is buzzing (the way it does for me when I've been consumed by a good book). I've set a goal to write every day, and I have so far. I'm going to throw out some of what I've written, I'm sure, but it still feels good to just do it and not be afraid to try.

Okay, I seriously need to take a break from any form of writing and just relax... so until next time... (-Jocelyn)

PS- Look at the cute pictures of Peter the Horsey! Isn't he ADORABLE?!?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment