Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


It's now been officially a week since Jocelyn and I had to say goodbye to each other. She's been spending time with her family in CA, and I've been spending time with my brothers in the game parlor, trying to fill the void of her presence with games and laughing. It hasn't worked too well. It's been super hard being apart from her, going to sleep at night in an empty, quiet house. I'm picking her up tomorrow at about 2:00 p.m. from the SLC airport, though, so tonight's the last night I'll have to go through that.

I went to work for a few hours today, and I was driving up the road that leads toward the Provo temple, I saw no less than a hundred flags lining the street. Some houses had as many as four flags posted into their lawn. It's a good time to reflect on all the soldiers who have fought bravely in wars since the beginning of American history--both those who have died and those who haven't. I'm glad they're willing to go out there and do a job that very few people want to do.

Happy Memorial Day!

(-Robert)

No comments:

Post a Comment