Friday, July 10, 2009

I'll give you a REAL playlist, iTunes.

When I realized what a crappy 'Gay Pride: Girls' playlist iTunes had included in their store, I was super confused: no gay lady would consider the majority of these songs worth listening to, or in fact, gay related at all. (AfterEllen.com recently blogged about this, but I thought I'd create my own.)
Some songs on the iTunes list include:

'I Kissed a Girl' by Katy Perry - of course! All lesbians 'hope their boyfriend won't mind it'.
'All The Things She Said' by t.A.T.u - yet another fake couple who pretend to be gay for publicity.
'2 Become 1' by Spice Girls - What this song has to do with lesbians I don't know.

Some songs I can forgive them for are 'Angel' by Sarah McLachlan, 'Constant Craving' by k.d. Lang and 'Help Me' by Joni Mitchell. There are others, however, that just don't tickle my fancy.

I'm sure all you lesbians are shuddering at the iTunes list right now too, and all this raises a simple solution: GET SOME DAMN LESBIAN EMPLOYEES! Maybe then, we'd have a decent playlist listen to.

Here are the top 10 songs that would appear on my playlist (in no order):

1) Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks. (Who, by the way, didn't appear anywhere on iTunes' version!)
2) Beeline - Sky Larkin.
3) Kiss with a Fist - Florence and the Machine.
4) Poker Face - Lady GaGa. (Because yes, lesbians do like mainstream too, just not when it demotes homosexuality.)
5) Not Listening - Sick of Sarah.
6) Scared as F**k - An Horse.
7) Bad Education - Tilly and the Wall.
8) I U She - Peaches.
9) Back In Your Head - Tegan & Sara. (I agree with AfterEllen on this one!)
10) These Dreams - Heart.

Granted, you may not have heard some of these songs, but if you've been to gay pride recently, these are the sorts of songs being played. And I love it!

If you haven't heard them, download them! They're better songs than iTunes' drivel!

No comments:

Post a Comment