Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jill Bennett

I realized earlier this week when I was reading UK lesbian magazine DIVA that I don't blog about Jill Bennett enough.

Now usually, when you ask a dyke who her favorite all-time lesbian is, they'd probably answer 'Ellen!' or 'Rosie!' But to be honest, I'd have to say Jill.

So she's not as well known as Portia or Leisha, but she's high up on my own personal 'inspiration' list: she's talented - Jill played Michelle on season 3 of here! TV's D
ante's Cove and the infectious Andrea on lesbian comedy web series 3way - she's absolutely gorgeous, and she actually cares about the world, in particular, one of my all-time favorite topics, gay rights.

Currently dating SheWired's Cathy DeBuono, Jill recently protested outside the mormon church that funded anti-gay proposition 8 for the way in which gay people a
re now classed as second class citizens in California. (Below.) This is just one of the many things Bennett has done for gay welfare, as well as sharing her life with the lesbian community - both on SheWired and AfterEllen.com - ensuring people everywhere that being gay really is ok.

For constant personal updates on Jill, follow her on Twitter: twitter.com/jillbennett14.
Alternatively, click over to SheWired.com for Jill's current video blogs or go to her MySpace page at MySpace.com/JillBennett.

I personally think she's one to watch out for: she's certainly impressed me over the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment