Monday, May 16, 2011

My Weekly Girlcrush.

Okay, there are 2 things to clear up before I start.

1) I'd choose none of the women I mention in this new weekly post over my girlfriend.

2) My yearly Top 20 Gorgeous Ladies is coming up, so I'm just going to choose random people each week that I often find myself crushing on, rather than listing my FAVOURITE ladies.

Now that's out of the way...

Let me introduce you to Adele.

I get it, you don't need to be introduced to her. Everyone knows her.

Not only is she one of the UK's best homegrown talents, she's now absolutely huge in the US.

Her full name is actually Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, but she doesn't need those extra names. She's now one of those pop stars who don't need a last name. (Think Britney, Madonna, Cher, Christina...) Adele is Adele and that's why I love her.

Not only does she have an amazing voice, her song-writing abilities are tremendous. Her current album, 21, peaked at number 1 in over 10 countries. That's a lot of albums sold. Her first album, 19, has sold more than 1,000,000 copies in the United States alone. And she's only 21.

What I really love about Adele, however, is who she's stepped away from the regular 'conventional' pop star exterior. Everyone thinks of a pop star as a stick thin, semi-naked blonde with a wild side and a wild upbringing. (Again, think Britney...) But Adele is far from that.

Anyone who tells me that Adele is 'fat' has another thing coming. She's not obese, she's not 'chubby', she's REAL. Real women don't look like popstars. Think of the last woman you were sat in a room with. Did she look like Nicole Sherzinger? Nope, didn't think so.

Another positive: she has a super pretty face. I mean, she's really easy on the eye. Her lips, her eyes, all beautiful. She's cute.

So Adele, you're my first Weekly Girlcrush. You make me happy, your music makes me sad, but I love you all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment