Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Hipster Talks About the Lakers

Why am I a Lakers fan? I'll tell you.

When I was a kid, my dad was, like, a HUGE Celtics fan. Like he made me watch all these games with him when I was growing up. He'd always talk about how great Larry Bird was and how he was a "genius." Apparently, my dad doesn't know what true genius is. Someone like Avey Tare or Colin Meloy. Those people actually relate to other people unlike that fascist Larry Bird.

Whatever my dad wanted, I wanted the opposite. He wanted me to go to college, but I just wanted to spin bangers in a club. He wanted me to play sports, but I liked poetry. He wanted me to not cut myself, but I wanted to cut my self. To this day, he's the most oppressive dictator my world has ever known. So I guess that's how I became a Lakers "fan." I mean, I'm not really a fan. I just wear this to make him mad. I figure there's nothing better than supporting a jerk like Kobe Bryant to get under his skin.

Did I see the game last night? No. Of course not. I was listening to my Cut Copy vinyl.
picture via thecobrasnake

No comments:

Post a Comment