Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy Boy!



Hello all! Sorry it's been a while. I'll try to be better at blogging, which should be doable now that Peter is almost TWO MONTHS OLD! Can you believe it? I can't! It's insane that he's already two months . . . but it's very, very happy.

Our poor little guy had an ear infection (which I'm sure contributed to his crankiness before) we found out a week and a half ago. Now it's all better . . . and I don't know if it's the antibiotics or if it's just his age right now, but in the past week or so, Peter has learned to play like there is no tomorrow! He LOVES (and I mean LOVES) his crib and his mobile. His crib bedding and mobile are Noah's Ark theme, and seriously, he'll look at the different animals and giggle and talk and just love every minute! It is so nice for me that he has his happy space now, so I can set him down and he'll be happy with his "friends" for usually at least 20 minutes. Wahoo!!!

Peter is also smiling so much lately. The crib mobile almost always brings out his smile (unless he is hungry, tired, or needs a diaper change), but lately he smiles almost every time I talk to him. He really is a dang cute kid. *Sigh.*


In law school news (I know, you're all dying to know), we are STILL WAITING to hear from Northwestern, UCLA, and Cornell. Darrrgh!!! The frustrating thing is that the first deposit deadlines for all the other schools is April 15 . . . so unless we hear from the big three this week, we'll have to put down some money at another school. Right now, we're thinking we are going to go to George Washington (in D.C.) or one of the three we're waiting for . . . so if we don't hear from all three schools by next week, we'll pay the deposit for GW and then wait and see . . . and pray some more when the letters finally come. We really like GW and they've offered Robert a nice scholarship . . . plus living in D.C. would be a blast AND we have family in the area. We'll see though on where we really REALLY end up. Hmm . . .

Okay, this post is like forever long, so if you're still reading it, thanks for hanging in there! Personally, I've gone through a lot of transformations lately. Motherhood is crazy. I mean, I was pregnant for nine months so obviously I knew it was coming, but you just can't prepare yourself for what it really means to be a mom. This month's Ensign had a talk by President Faust that I loved (you can read it here). This quote really hit me:
The soul of the marriage is greatly enriched and the spiritual growing process is greatly strengthened when a couple become parents. . . . Men grow because as fathers they must take care of their families. Women blossom because as mothers they must forget themselves. We understand best the full meaning of love when we become parents.

That quote . . . conference . . . and a lot of heartfelt prayers (and, honestly, turning off the TV) have helped me "lose myself" in motherhood. The difference in my happiness is night and day. I really do love being a mom, and I am constantly amazed that my love for Peter just keeps growing. Yay for life. :)

Here's hoping all is well with you and yours. Until next time . . . (-Jocelyn)

No comments:

Post a Comment