Monday, December 22, 2008

Message to all gays: GO TO HELL!

This morning, as a Christian, I picked up my Bible to re-read the book of Corinthian. Now I know that the Bible isn't the most gay friendly book of all time, but the following extract made me briefly hate religion in its entirety.

"1 Corinthians 6:9,10,13
Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the Kingdom of God."

Now I'm not saying the Bible is wrong - maybe homosexuals are forbidden from going to heaven - but surely, if God is as 'all-giving' and as 'all-loving' as Christianity implies, shouldn't all people, no matter what their race or beliefs are, go to heaven?


Usually, I believe in everything the Bible says, but this extract made me question if I believed in this statement against homosexuals. Then I realized, maybe I do believe this phrase to be true. Maybe it's true that deceased homosexuals reside in hell, next to the murderers and rapists.

No, I'm turning against gay people and 'changing my lifestyle' to become a heterosexual, I'm simply stating that I would rather go to hell than betray myself and my fellow gay people. I'm saying now that I'd rather be gay and happy in my lifetime, and go to hell as a result, than be walking around pretending to be heterosexual and have an extremely unhappy life, just so that I can walk through the pearly gates.

If the Bible says I go to hell for being gay, then so be it. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am going to hell. I am going to hell for committing a 'crime' that doesn't even exist among Western culture. I am going to hell because I am not a liar and I am not in denial. I am gay and proud now, and I will continue to be when God asks me if I have sinned during my time on Earth.

So gays, go to hell. I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment