Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back Home


Christmas Eve in our new PJs (the only usable pic uploaded so far!)

Hello All,
-
We're back home from Utah. It was sad to say goodbye... or I should say, it was sad for ROBERT and I to say goodbye. Peter was ecstatic to get back to his very own home, crib, toys, even car. I think he had had enough of the nomadic holiday lifestyle.
-
Last night we got to our apartment after midnight from the airport and found a very clean apartment thanks to my angel/magical fairy visiting teachers!!! Isn't that the best gift ever? They asked me for my apartment key before I left (they wanted it to be a surprise, but they couldn't exactly break in, you know), so I suspected something would be coming. What I found... all the dishes done (there were a LOT), floors all vacuumed, kitchen and bathroom mopped (cleaner than they've ever been), bathroom cleaned, front room completely organized (my bookshelf, random papers, food), and Peter's room cleaned and organized. We are SOOOO grateful and I cannot even begin to express how happy it made me.
-
When we went to Peter's very clean room to put him in his crib, he almost jumped out of Robert's arms for joy. We set him down for sleep and he was giggling and smiling... then went to sleep right away. Oh the simple joy of being in one's one bed. :)
-
Sadly, today I skipped out on church because I ended up with the stomach flu this morning. I hate being sick on any day, but I guess Sundays are better than weekdays, because Robert took Peter away giving me an actual chance to rest (whereas on weekdays I just have to suck it up and take care of Peter while feeling terrible).
-
Well this blog is rambly... and I don't have any pictures from our trip loaded yet (I didn't take many... I forgot!)... so I'll end it now. Our trip was wonderful and our Christmas was divine. We thank all our friends and family for their love and support! We are sooooo blessed! (-Jocelyn)

No comments:

Post a Comment