The baby's asleep so I have some precious "me" time, which I'm choosing to spend doing this little quiz I got from Rach and Leslie (and Real Simple originally, I hear). Here we go!
* What's the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you? Nicest thing? This is a tough one. I'd say anytime Robert compliments me or tells people about me it's the "nicest" thing. I also ALWAYS love to hear "I love you" from him. (The nicest BLOG ever about me is here. :)
* What was your most embarrassing moment? I've had a lot, but I'd have to say the one that comes to mind right now is when, in my wedding dress at my reception, I was dancing by myself for a bit in the middle of the circle of all our guests . . . and I totally slipped and fell on my butt in front of EVERYONE!!! No one got a picture of it, but I'm pretty sure my dress at least ballooned as I fell down. The funny thing is, I kind of wish my photographer had gotten a shot of the downfall, because although embarrassing, it was a really funny moment. She was embarrassed for me, though, and chose to not shoot it.
* What's your favorite place in the world? Three places come to mind immediately . . . the temple (any temple, though Provo is the one I'm most familiar with so it's the most "homey"), my home, and London. (I can't wait until I can go to London with Robert and share "my" city with him. It'll be a few years, sadly!)
* Biggest waste of time? Probably watching TV.
* One or two piece swimsuit? One piece, usually with shorts.
* If I knew then what I know now . . . I would have always thought I was beautiful and "worthwhile" even throughout the rocky teenage years. What a waste to spend so much time thinking you're not good enough . . . when all the time, you really are. Ask my friends (who think I'm weird for doing this!), but I'm known to look in the mirror nowadays and remark about how cute I look. I don't think it's vain; it's positive reinforcement . . . and I really think it's important to feel good about yourself (inside and out) everyday, even though we all have imperfections we are working on. Sorry for the soapbox!
Well, my bro and his family are coming to visit in a few minutes, so I'm going to make a mad dash to clean up any remaining clutter (before I get to finally meet Hannah! Hooray!). Until next time . . . (-Jocelyn)
PS- Sad news! Robert got his first "no" from a law school . . . he was not accepted to Stanford. That one was a shot in the dark, so we weren't surprised, but I was a little sad! Oh well! My genius husband will do well wherever he goes, I know, so we will be alright! Love to all!